Below is a partial list of some of the photo gear I use to make the photos you see here. I only recommend some of it. Gear is a very personal choice, and the gear I choose to own and use reflects the work I do.
- Canon 6d
- Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L III
- Canon 24-105mm f/4L
- Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS
- Vello Shutterboss
- Oben carbon fiber tripod
- Acratech GV2 ballhead
- B+W CPL and UV Filters, various sizes
- Canon 16-35mm f/4L IS
- Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
- Canon 50mm f/1.8
- Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
- Canon 1.4x III Extender
- Rokinon 14/2.8
- Rokinon 24/1.4
- Canon G7X Mark II
- SkyWatcher Star Adventurer (star tracking mount)
- LEE Big Stopper
- Singh-Ray Gold-n-Blue CPL
- Breakthrough ND and Night Sky filters
- Godox flashes and triggers
- Light modifiers and stands from Godox, Rogue, and Westcott
A lot of folks also ask me about some of the outdoor gear I use. Seattle has a very wet climate, and I often travel to very cold or very hot places. Some of the gear I've found helpful:
- F-Stop backpacks and ICUs. The ICUs are awesome as they fit in many packs beyond just the F-Stop.
- Grivel backpacks. This is my go-to pack for overnight expeditions.
- Jackets from Mont Bell and Feathered Friends
- Black Diamond climbing equipment
- Hilleberg tents
- MSR water filtration systems
- Outdoor Research gloves, hats, rain gear, and accessories. I particularly like the Stormtracker gloves for photography.
- La Sportiva footwear
- Eddie Bauer pants and shirts
- Helly Hansen base layers. I've worn their LIFA stuff for over 15 years and it is the best base layer I've ever used.
- DeLorme InReach two-way satellite messaging device. Great for getting help or just staying in touch.
If you work for one of these companies, or know someone who does, I'd love to chat. :)